Sunday, November 30, 2003

On Liftoff.

My first blog. It's a big step, really. A few months ago I didn't even know what a blog was. Hell, a few months ago I didn't know that it was possible for an alcohol-based life form to exist. Then I met Ben, who has since adopted our couch as his new holding pen (damn you, Tim and Sara).

I don't even really know why I'm creating a blog. Nah, that's a lie. I want to try and look sophisticated and intelligent. Clearly that won't work for anyone that actually reads this, but if (and when) I actually manage to get mysterious girl's phone number/name and engage her in a conversation I could slip it into our witty banter. Which will either impress her or give her the impression that I am a nerd, and not the geek which I want to be.

And it provides a handy forum to vent, angrily yet with a racy, saucy and, at times, an intelligent humour, about issues that are causing me frustration or amusement.

Plus I get to procrastinate from my thesis. With practise I could learn to be like Tim, Ben or even Nic, who takes on an interesting shade of blueish red (it's a colour) whenever anyone mentions the word.

And on that note, I'm going to do some work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home