Monday, April 12, 2004

Debating. In Dunedin.

Right. You all suck. Apparently it is witty and sophisticated to repeat the same masturbation joke over and over again without respite until I am a small and whimpering mess in the corner of a cold, cold shower, but when someone offers you fame and fortune to come up with a decent joke, you choke. So I win and get the prize of putting up an anal retentive joke about, you guessed it, language.

Two American blonde bumped into each other a party in New York. They introduce themselves to each other and begin to make small talk.
'So', says the first blonde to the second, 'where y'all from?'
The second blonde arches her eyebrows and replies 'Where I come from teach us not to end our sentences with a proposition.'
The first blonde grits her teeth and replies, 'Fine. Where y'all from, bitch?'

Off to Dunedin at the fine hour of 8am tomorrow morning. It should be fun, although could end up being a dreadfully nasty trip. And I haven't done anywhere near enough preparation. Hmmmm. It will probably mean I can't blog for a while although if I'm bored and there is a computer nearby I'll report in on all the extreme debating action. There are 5 preliminary debates (3-4 minutes to prepare, 4-6 minute speeches, 2-3 minute replies) and then the top however-many go through to another round (I'm guessing a quarter finals or something. I'm hoping to make it through the first round at least. The trick is to stare at the adjudicator while speaking without blinking. That way I can control them.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home