Sunday, March 28, 2004

Ben Affleck can't act

And John Woo cannot direct. Went and saw Paycheck the other night. I didn't like it, Sarah did, and everyone else fell in between somewhere (except for Emma who giggled too much after the movie for anyone to understand what she was trying to say).

I'm not saying that there were no cool moments, or moments of 'potential' which ultimately left me feeling sad and lifeless for what may have been. The problem was, I think, casting a reasonable supporting actor in a leading role, and having a B- action movie director directing something that should have been far more dystopian or Sci-fi.

Perhaps he should direct the next Star Wars.

And of course there will be another Star Wars (Episode VII anyone?) because the series, like my thesis, just will not die. Comment, Ben, I dare you.

Michelle is leaving. Which sucks. Not that we really knew each other, but we insulted the other like we did. Which is the important thing. Have fun, go wild and good luck for a kick-ass job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home