Friday, April 16, 2004

In Dunedin

Never let anyone tell you that Dunedin is colder than Chch. Scientifically *pfft* that might be the case but the type of cold is Dunedin is so much nicer.

The debating is over. Sadly C4 only won one out of 5 and finished 20th overall (we were ranked 22nd). We lost 2 convincingly and 2 narrowly. 2 of the teams we lost to made the semis and one of them is now in the final. Which indicates that we had a hard draw. On the plus side I've had a number of adjudicators come up to me and say that my name has been bandied around by the adjudicators in their special meetings. I think that means I've got a purty mouth.

Socially things have been good and bad. Mainly good. Lots of good drunk and intelligent people. Other things have become apparent and that sucks, although I'm going to keep with my policy of swallowing things into small balls in the pit of my stomach and never talking about them again. Rah rah.

And the brick. For some reason Vic has as its mascot a brick. Naturally enough, being the small and petty man that I am, I stole it. Hid it. Wrote a ransom note out of Newspaper letters and delivered it to the innocent parties with a piece of the brick that had been chipped off. Needless to say they weren't very happy (but impressed nevertheless). Had a seedy meeting in an alleyway with one of their negotiators and came up with a demand. It was not met and I'm now going to deface the brick with the lyrics to 'Let's get Retarded in here'.

A small and petty man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home