Wednesday, March 10, 2004

The department paid for me to get sozzled

I wouldn't normally use the world sozzled, but seeing as I am I will. We had 'meet the new students', one of whom is Rae, and the department included a rather lovely selection of food and drinks. Me being me, I headed straight for the cheap cardboard plonk and proceeded in making you lot quite proud of me. Unfortunately I'm the postgrad rep for the history department and had to go around an introduce myself to a bunch of strangers. Hopefully I didn't convince them that life is all about thesis and alcohol. Luckily I was exceedingly witty and convinced almost everyone that declaring war on the vile, sadistic, masochistic and inebriated (how ironic) department was a good thing. As a result we have a bunch on idealistic warriors trained in the ways of Dave.

Which does not include fighting with 4 lightsabres. That's just daft. You heard me.

Went to the debating meeting last night. Unfortunately when I told Nic about it he thought that I said the 'Spading' meeting, which is somewhat close to the truth. I have always wanted to get involved with debating at uni level, however, and am no going to represent my university (Canterbury) in my province of birth and ideological/rugby origin (Otago). Which is pretty cool. 2 people per team, speeches of 5-6 minutes, conclusion of 3-4 minutes and preparation time of THREE minutes. It's all very celebral. So I'm in a lot of trouble. But I loves it. And if anyone knows somewhere that might have a bed I would appreciate it. Otherwise I'm sleeping in the car.

And you heard it here first. (I am not a tabloid). Michelle has proposed to Ben (she's a keeper, mate). Other reports suggest that she is very pro SW and has taken offence (when non was intended to be given) when I suggested that SW has been lacking in overall goodness in the last two episodes, and will probably do so again soon. At this rate, Miche will soon become my very first anti-groupie. Current groupie count: four.

In next issue, Sara lives with bigfoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home