Monday, April 19, 2004

Fluorescent Mind

One of the good things about going away is the coming back. And it is remarkable how quickly things change. I've been sort-of gone for a fortnight and now that I'm back all the trees are this fantastic shade of red and orange. Who knew the death of leaves could be so visually sweet. Sadly, autumn also brings colder weather, my 23rd (the agony, the agony) and highlights the annoyance of fluorescent lightbulbs. Not only do they seem to be brighter, but also louder and hummier.

Now, of course I have to face up to the task of getting back on track with my thesis and finishing the damn thing. It_shouldn't_be_too_much_longer. The break and consequences of having to structure moderately intelligible arguments in 3 minutes has sharpened some ideas for the mother of all chapters. Which is all it really needed.

I have the house to myself for the moment. This is good because it is always nice to live by yourself for a while. Claire is in Wanaka and it sounds as though she is having a good time of it.

Right. I'm about to step out of this fog that the lack of decent lighting and lack of decent sleep has given me and into the magical and delightful world of indepth intellectual analysis of some of the hot topics of my historiography.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home