Saturday, October 02, 2004

There's something happening here

The last few days have been completely surreal. Reminiscent really of this time last year when I kept waking up to a hive of bees buzzing around my head to find myself being fined for having the council paint a bus stop around my car. Thursday involved a large number of people groping my arse (look, don't touch, people!) and chasing me around the streets. Numerous possi wanted my company - alcohol is a wonderful substance - and I had to turn down the company of girls. When will I learn? Eventually two of my groups (for brevity's sake we'll call them matter and anti-matter) wound up at the treehouse getting drunk on cheap spirits and poor singing. They left and young Mr Mason arrived looking for life in all the wrong places (it's the treehouse, Nic!) I can't talk. I was there for over two hours. *sigh*

I thought that was surreal at the time. Bah. That was nothing. After a couple of seminars in History we manked our way to Bentleys, endured certain knowing looks from certain knowing staff, drank a couple and hey presto! I found myself in the AGM of the Campus Singaporean Students Society. They seem very nice. An hour later I was playing pool in town. Then home. Then Josh's Burger Bar with Tim who now has a phone again. Girls were there. 'Hey boys' they said. 'Hey girls' I said. Tim scurried away. 'Do you like mushrooms?' they asked. I scurried away. Drove home - almost ran into Ben and Karen but they were sober and we therefore missed. They'd come back from the madcaps after party (yet were sober. Ben. Karen. Madcaps. Sober).

Also, at some stage I went to BP for pie. I was recognised by one of the staff as being 'that postgrad guy'. I certainly am. Spent several minutes answering his questions on postgrad life and on the economics department in Auckland. He accepted my answers with the respect and awe I could get used to for I am a God to these people.

Si has a radio show. Huh. That man is taking this town over one means of communication at a time. Maybe he should get a blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home