Thursday, September 23, 2004

'Peace Train' author terrorist mastermind

Yusuf Islam, once Cat Stevens is going to be deported from the United States to Britain after he was accused of supporting militant terrorist organisations. He says he was giving money to charity.

A number of people are complaining about this. Personally, I think the authorities have probably got this right. Why? Let's look a combination of several songs lyrics in a random and unusual order..


Watch them run down to platform one...Well I think it's fine, building jumbo planes...thinking about the world as it is ... out on the edge of darkness... scrapers fill the air...why can't we live in bliss...there's no more room up there...Oh jumbo train take this scraper...I've been hating...Do doot do, do de do doot do.

This is mad. Am angry. Grrr. So angry I'll cut and paste lyrics to Peace Train - which is a much better read than the Patriot Act. When he wrote this I doubt he could have imagined one day he'd be on a list of potential terrorists.

Now I’ve been happy lately, thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun
Oh I’ve been smiling lately, dreaming about the world as one
And I believe it could be, some day it’s going to come
Cause out on the edge of darkness, there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country, come take me home again
Now I’ve been smiling lately, thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun
Oh peace train sounding louder
Glide on the peace train
Come on now peace train
Yes, peace train holy roller
Everyone jump upon the peace train
Come on now peace train
Get your bags together, go bring your good friends too
Cause it’s getting nearer, it soon will be with you
Now come and join the living, it’s not so far from you
And it’s getting nearer, soon it will all be true
Now I’ve been crying lately, thinking about the world as it is
Why must we go on hating, why can’t we live in bliss
Cause out on the edge of darkness, there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country, come take me home again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home