Sunday, October 03, 2004

Where Dave vanishes from sight

Love has to go two ways, and frankly I'm not feeling the love. I'm taking, of course, of the love between a man and his thesis. While it is the best he-bitch in my man-thesis stable, lately I haven't been getting the sugar I want, crave and deserve from it. Intellectually it ain't putting out. For a while I was blaming it's wild and extravagant lifestyle. It's hard to work on a relationship when your thesis is constantly hitting the town with other dissertations and research projects. Sometimes I think it wants to spend more time with cheap trash like The End of History than knuckle down have a deep and meaningful talk with me. Skanky man-ho! Sorry, sometimes I get carried away.

The point is, we've decided that we need to spend more quality time together. Which mean thesis won't be spending as much time with the wrong crowd and I won't be spending as much time here, continuously writing the 200th blog blogger can't count. That's right people. Less blog, less life, more thesis. Besides, with a few notable and obvious exceptions it is not as though you lot are sharing your love. You're always 'too tired' or 'not in the mood'. Of course, that doesn't stop you from reading other blogs though, does it? For shame.

*And with that, Dave vanished from sight. Some say he returned the ancient fortress city of Machu Picchu. Others believe he descended into the pits of madness - walking atop the moors and crying out for his lost love. Still more think he turned to the dark side to wage war on those hippies who would otherwise get away scott free. Me, I think he'll be back. He's waitin', hidin', ready to strike at any moment. *

1 Comments:

At 4 October 2004 at 12:54, Blogger Bella said...

And, the effort expended on those last two posts demonstrates a level of commitment to the blog previously unseen. Hopefully it is now all out of your system and you can write thesis. Trust me, there is nothing like handing 120 pages of final draft goodness to your supervisor. Only to subsequently have a thousand ideas (ok, one or two) on how it can be improved.
Gotta go now and finish my thesis!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home