Sunday, November 14, 2004

Awesome

I've moved into my new flat. It is good, largely because it involved moving out of my old flat, which was bad. Claire and I put in a rather substantial amount of time cleaning the place, killing the spiders, mould etc, mowing the lawns and doing the garden and getting rid of junk and I have to say we did a pretty good job. Place looked better (far, far better) than it did when we moved in. New flat is cool. Although my room faces south and get very little sun, it is dry. This is good. Usually I can press a cup to the wall and have it fill with water or bees (depending on how thirsty I am). We have a pool table, fooze-ball table, macked out bbq, sky digital, surround sound, dvd action and a cat that runs away whenever he/she/it sees me. Good judge of character. It's also in walking distance to uni. For those of you who thought it was in Aranui - no. It was a subtle ploy designed to make you think I was going to live in Aranui. I didn't think it would actually work, but I'm constantly suprised.

Also awesome was Si tonight with the theatre and the sports and the laughter. Best show I've (yet) seen. Si was Indifferent Man who had to save the world from Shifty Man. Hilarity ensued. As did poor jokes about Christopher Reeve being 'Disembodied Voice'. Emily C and I had a good time... could have sworn more people were going to show.

And on a slightly more grim and depressing note, listen to Elliot Smith's recent 'from a basement on the hill '. Particularly King's Crossing. A bit patchy in places but very very good.

1 Comments:

At 15 November 2004 at 08:17, Blogger Saint said...

Yeah, I would have been there, but I'd forgotten I'd scheduled a production meeting that evening as the DIrector's off to Australia for a couple of weeks today. Bugger. Ah well, next time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home