Thursday, November 04, 2004

Bugger

Plans to go to New York on a semi-regular basis have stalled somewhat as my chin is still firmly stuck on the floor. I wish the cleaners would do a better job around here. Bush got a majority of the popular vote. Ma-jo-ri-ty. That's more than 50%. It's taking a while for my head to get around this concept. While there were a few dodgy situations - one lady was allowed to change her vote after pressing 'Kerry' on the computer and having it come up as 'Bush' - it seems there isn't the same level of corruption that there was 4 years ago.

In order for us to understand how Bush won, lets look at the reasons voters gave as determining factors in the race.

Morality.
Economy.
Terrorism.
Health care.
Taxes.
Education.

Fair enough. Can't have two men in love with each other while the economy bombs. And the bombs bomb.

*anger*

Still, I win $5 off my old man for calling it. And Margaret Wilson knows where I live.

I just feel sorry for the wolves. Their numbers are bound to go down as the war on terrorism extends to things people saw on the box.

Favourite campaign tactic of the year: 'Kerry will ban the bible if elected'. Classic.

In good news... A.M.P.C. has made the final of the indoor soccer comp. An inspired effort by all involved. Except me as I limped off early in the 2nd half after being taken out by Muntface. Hopefully ankle will be ok by Sunday 6.15 Action Indoor Sports (be there, do it!) or the lads will be without their beloved leader and captain. This is your chance to see Tim 'I am the weasel' Street, Nic 'My ass is not weak' Mason, Johnny 'peow peow' Smith, Hamish 'Come here and say that' Wall, David 'Jumpy' Miller, Andrew 'Andy' Surname, David 'You're pretty for a munter' Searle and Amanda 'do you want ice on that?' Cliff in action. We could even get a trophy. I'm working on our acceptance speech.

2 Comments:

At 4 November 2004 at 23:51, Blogger Luther said...

I want royalties for the use of "Andrew Surname"

 
At 5 November 2004 at 11:46, Blogger Searlo said...

Fair enough. I trade you 1 Ben for your intellectual property.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home