Sunday, September 19, 2004

I am Man

And I can back that up.

Episode 1. Thursday night.
Gave a talk to prospective postgrads. My reward was a movie ticket and free alcohol. The ticket first came in an empty envelope. I complained and was rewarded with an envelope with a ticket inside. Then proceeded to drink with lecturers and solved most of the worlds problems. Or, rather, realised rather glumly that Bush will still be there this time next year. Solved no problems at all. Once they'd thrown us out some of us continued to Bentleys. Lo and behold half of Debsoc was there and I continued in my merry drunken path. Memory starts to become fuzzy now. Had seen Ben and Karen when I'd arrived but they had a show to do, although they promised to return. As did Tim when he stuck his head in. I was so happy there. Anyway, after more drinking I found myself in the backseat of a car being pulled over by the cops. I played the drunk guy in the backseat largely because I was the drunk guy in the back seat. Then we were at the Dramasoc after party. I was incoherent, apparently, although I made perfect sense in my head. Offered to kill someone for Ben and Karen. They declined. Offered to kill Ben for Karen. She declined. Started texting people telling them how drunk I was. Walked home with Tim to his place and crashed on couch where I was molested by cat.

That was manly. LET US NEVER SPEAK OF THIS NIGHT AGAIN.

Episode 2. Saturday.
After a pre-interview orientation around uni hall which went rather well (I'm rather charming) I had our rugby team's final. The ground was like concrete and my bones were soft like lamington squares. Was bruised and battered by a couple of dodgy tackles and a nice uppercut underneath my right eye. Left me dazed and disoriented. Where was I running? That's right - toward the ground. Pretty. Subbed self off halfway through second half. After a first half that last 40 minutes and a second half that lasted 50 (we normally play 30) we had won the game. We got trophy. And beer.

Manly.

Episode 3. Indoor Soccer.
My soccer form has been abysmal lately. But I've improved my aggressive 'man' technique. Was subbed off last week after being hit below the belt. Was hit there twice today. Crowd groaned. I squealed. Carried on playing.

Manly.

Also... bad news. Karen has killed angry drunk Ben. He no longer exists. Instead we have a deliriously happy drunk Ben. Not as much entertainment at Vertigo last night for above reason.

Ford has pulled out of F1 - which means no more Jaguar. Hopefully the team gets bought by someone so we can still have 20 cars per race. Perhaps Arden?

But in cool news I came 3rd= in the F1 Fantasy competition run by newsonf1.com for Monza. This is the highest position someone from New Zealand has come this year. Fear me.

6 Comments:

At 21 September 2004 at 11:48, Blogger Luther said...

For the record. I am not that guy.

 
At 21 September 2004 at 17:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just before we never speak of Thursday night again, rumour has it that you were rather... affectionate... towards young Josh that evening.

Which is also manly. For some value of 'manly', at any rate.

Just thought I'd, like, mention this, for, y'know, the purposes of a complete and accurate record.

A.

P.S. are commemorative sachets of your chest hair going to be available?

 
At 21 September 2004 at 18:10, Blogger Searlo said...

Ha! Some do value that form of masculinity, although I myself do not. Misplaced drunken humour. Sorry to disappoint. Why would you want my chest hair? On second thoughts I don't want to know.

And just for the 'accurate' record, I think Josh is older than me.

 
At 22 September 2004 at 14:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angry drunk Ben is not dead! I fervently deny any suggestion that I may have harmed him. To my knowledge he is still in there somewhere, although admittedly I do not know what you now have to do to provoke him... Possibly either be an annoying WINZ employee or steal Ben's evil cola. Good luck with that.

-Wren

 
At 22 September 2004 at 15:03, Blogger Searlo said...

He's just so happy now and I blame you for that.

 
At 22 September 2004 at 18:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh is younger than me, though, young Dave, which means I can avuncularly refer to him as 'young Josh' :-] It wasn't my intention to accuse you of cradle-snatching (it was, however, my intention to imply you were corrupting the youth).

As for the chest hair, I'm sure there would be a market for it. Perhaps some women would want something to remember such a manly figure as yourself by. Failing that, under-manly men (such as myself) might hope to increase our manliness by, for example, grinding it up and mixing it in our lattés. ;-]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home