Friday, October 08, 2004

Slice of life

Yeah, it's a bit of a misnomer as it's not really a 'life' as such but... yeah. I've returned from hitting the town and Bentleys with Nic, Charlie and Karen, among others. And am now in a good mood to study. ish. No, I'm not drunk. No, I'm not stoned although that could be fun. er. Red Bull has picked me up and carried me off somewhere magical, however.

To give you an insight as to how my brain reacts after hours of study this is going to be a graduated blog. I'll go off and study for a while, return, blog, study, return, blog etc until it is time to pick up a rather sore Nic at 8am this morning. Or when I give up and run back to watch Spiderman Unlimited, a supercool cartoon that goes from 5-5.30am. Nanotechnology gives him the suit - cotton is so last week.

*Spoiler. I get pissed off during the night. I blame the poor combination of sugar and music.*

1.30 am. Right. It's just gone 1.30 am. Time to start. To infinity and there or thereabouts!

2.22 am. Off home. Oi! Don't leap to conclusions like that. I'm not piking. No-need to butch up girlie pants for me (plenty man enough). I need a copy of Jim Henderson's Gunner Inglorious - if you haven't read this then you must or I'll unleash something unpleasant on your inglorious muppet self but don't expect to get it from amazon because they don't have it listed grrr - and while I have a copy it wasn't the 1st edition which I'd previously taken notes from but as I've been intending to get it out of the library but i haven't due to my eternal lateness of being so I'm biting the bullet and using the reprint which means I'll have to recheck the references after I get it from the aforementioned home but not straight away possibly in a few weeks - checking the revisions that is not going home to get it which I'm doing now. Might also stop off at Countdown and get me some cookies.

Mmmm. Ranting.

3.27 am Big ups to cars. They might destroy the world and a number of motorists and pedestrians, but at least I can zip around town while listening to Radiohead. So far I've completed a plan for my chapter and have tentatively started writing. This is good. Also good are Damien Rice and Elliot Smith who have been recycled on my iTunes lately. Yeah folk-punk! Also props to random comment spammers re US election. I had one guy take issue with my belief that Bush will win regardless - he thinks the democrats will win and all power to him. He was reasonable. James C had one guy recently who thought that Kerry should be in prison due to his comments after Vietnam. I'm not sure how the prison system would handle all the anti-Vietnam protesters out there, but it's nice to see the little fella can use capital letters from time to time. Speaking of websites (I haven't been but bear with me) I might be getting my own site thanks to the big man who can hook me up with sweet sweet interweb sugar. And DM has taken over the rights to and ownership of political sphere dot com and actually get it running. I'll be a contributor if what I say makes more sense than this late night tomfoolery. I hope my thesis reads better than this.

Hippies. Read the Way of the Hippy and understand the Cat Stevens was a hippie. Not a terrorist.

WTF! Have linked the Elliot Smith web page. Turns out he died last year. suck. Apparently suicide. damn I'm pissed off.

4.43am Still pissed off. Stupid bloody suicides. Also noted that I finished my last chapter on 9/9. It is this morning 8/10 and I'm only starting to write the next. Although it shouldn't (prob will) take too long to write - how can I do all this work and only end up treading water? Stupid bloody job interviews. Work going slow. *gnash teeth. roar* Can only manage about 50 mins concentration then back to this lala land. Stupid bloody oompahloompahs. Think they're so orange. I'll show them orange.

Methinks sugar high over.

This is good.

Also following exchange between Thom Yorke and radiohead fan on some forum:
* how's the album going thom? - angel in limbo 29th Sep 2004
pffffft - Thom 29th Sep 2004

Radiohead will cheer me up. Onwards and onwards-ish.

6.01 am muh. Can't speak good. Brain slowly freeze. This usual at this hour. Will change soon. Meantime:
'Your score is 1 on a scale of 1 to 10. You hate Bush with a writhing passion. You think he is an idiot, a liar, and a warmonger who has been a miserable failure as president. Nothing would give you greater pleasure than seeing him run out of the White House, except maybe seeing him dragged away in handcuffs.' Test good. This may be a surprise but I have done work.

7.21 am ri-ght. Well it's certainly daylight outside. I'm not sure if pulling an all-dayer is really going to help my sleeping patterns but it has to be better than staring at the ceiling all night. Some good work done too which is useful - I would have preferred more but I did hit the sugar low that tends to go with drinking far too much coke out on the town. I can give up anytime I want, I tells ya. Those of you worried about my linguistic ability at certain stages of the night will be relieved to hear that most of the work I did was planning and organising - so the supervisor won't be too surprised by a random reference to oompahloompahs. Unless he reads the blog. Still pissed off about Elliot Smith. Dude writes lyric 'Situations get fucked up/but turned around sooner/or later' then goes and tops himself.

Bastard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home