Sunday, September 05, 2004

Statements from the Bush Clan

"We don't want to have people lose their lives because of abject stupidity." Jeb Bush.

"If a person doesn't have the capacity that we all want that person to have, I suspect hope is in the far distant future, if at all." George W.

"But I also made it clear to (Vladimir Putin) that it's important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe." George W.

"This administration is doing everything we can to end the stalemate in an efficient way. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." George W.

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically." George W.

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." George W.

"I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war." George W.

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican" George W.

"These, they're very dangerous. They trap you. Especially these furry ones...it's these furry guys that get you in real trouble. They can reach out and listen to something so - keep it respectful here." George Bush Sr., speaking to Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1991 about the need to be careful when speaking near open microphones.

"It has been said by some cynic, maybe it was a former president, 'If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.' Well, we took them literally - that advice - as you know. But I didn't need that because I have Barbara Bush." George Bush Sr

"When I need a little advice about Saddam Hussein, I turn to country music." George Bush Sr.

"If a frog had wings, he wouldn't hit his tail on the ground. Too hypothetical." George Bush Sr.

"I had to give it up. That car was an invitation for one of the grandchildren to get arrested. And that’s all we need, is for another one of them ..." Former First Lady Barbara Bush, on giving up the black TransAm she used to tool around Kennebunkport

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home