Thursday, April 29, 2004

Romario

I was a little worried about playing indoor soccer last night. I'd missed three games due to my geographical instability and ill health - which suggested that I'd find 30 minutes of insane, high octane running around rather difficult. My alarm was increased when we started with only 4 men (I am man). Tim arrived after several minutes and jumped on and we all went crazy with no subs. Ended up losing 6-1 which wasn't a bad result against one of the top teams in our grade. And I didn't die. Which is, I believe, a good thing.

After match some dude came up to Tim and before we knew it we were playing anther game - this time against a team from Div 1 (we're Div 3). So another 30 minutes of insane action stunts. Somehow I was fitter and played better in this game. Even scored (a goal).

After 2 games I was getting a little tired... but no, another invitation to play in another game and bingo bango more sweet sweet soccer action. Feet were a bit sore with blisters and the like, but it was all good. Scored another goal - this time I timed a volley off the outside of my right foot into the top right corner of the goal. Everyone rather stunned.

So three games of indoor soccer in a row and me mind is addled with images of Ben threading his way through several defenders, Tim having an extremely munted but effective Justin Timberlake style of goal keeping, Corey running around like a mad man, and Hamish, Dave and Dave dancing like Michael Jackson near small boys. Even helped me get a decent nights sleep. The exercise that is - not the images of MJ.

And on a different note and tact, Michelle missed out on Radiohead playing because Radiohead didn't play. Tough luck, love. *think of something nice to say* Star Wars is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home